Friday, November 22, 2013

Rain cancels school and how I think we are geniuses...

It rained this week in Abu Dhabi… which meant school closed. Not a lot of rain at all, but way more than it usually rains (which is never) and the roads flooded a little and people panicked, so school was closed early. It was like a snow day at home and now I keep checking the weather forecast to see if more will come and school will be canceled on Sunday too! (It’s not looking promising)

Also I agree with your stance on the need for more new fresh ideas (which is why we like things like Buffy and HIMYM… they were once fresh, new ideas.) It sounds like you’re also pointing out the need to know when to STOP and allow a wonderful concept to slowly fade away- die with dignity. Although reused ideas and reboots can be highly entertaining…

I had originally planned to tell you about how I love Castle- but have been feeling lately that there has been some missing on-going drama that always adds to crime shows. Then I watched this week’s episode this morning. And I’m not sure if you have watched it yet so I won’t give anything away… but it was exactly what I felt had been missing. Just like how you were saying about HIMYM and you wished there was more with the mom and more bringing old things “back around” and then BAM! it happened.  We are either just as smart as writers and producers and really should work in television OR we just watch too much television. I’m going with the smart thing.

DOCTOR WHO 50th anniversary special this weekend (well for me actually next week). It’s coming very soon- even Google is excited. I’m not sure if I emotionally ready for it…. We will have to discuss as soon as I see it.

Still haven’t started Newsroom… which is still a goal… still making my way through Game of Thrones book 2… but have managed to watch 2 more episodes of Breaking Bad. It's good to have goals. 


Sarah: Resumes her quest in D&D and she has an encounter with a tree elf. He offers her a cookie that he says will give her the ability to fly. Instead when she eats it, it only gives her desire to have another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment