Friday, November 8, 2013

Kacey…new blog look.. and a re-introduction.

We are two sisters living on opposite sides of the globe attempting to converse about  television viewing, movie going, sports teams playing, pop culture following, and general global well-being. And we make no excuses for excess interest or time spent in any of these areas.

Jamie and I are known for sitting around and beginning our conversation about something simple like a book we’ve been reading, a news story, or even the weather… and end up analyzing a character from Doctor Who or discussing in depth the parallels between Jane Austen and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We actually drive our family members quite mad with our chit chat as many people don’t often know what we are talking about (nor do they find us nearly as interesting as we find ourselves). So when I moved away to Abu Dhabi and left Jamie in Seattle a year ago the conversations became Skype chats and very random emails and text messages. Now we’ve decided to provide each other with a weekly insight to all random thoughts in blog form.

Kacey....Abu Dhabi

Important facts to know:
I live in Abu Dhabi where I teach 1st grade at an international school.

I am the younger sister.

I am actually the middle sister as Jamie and I have a younger sister Sarah.

I enjoy sparkly things and I have a problem with purchasing accessories.

I miss watching American Football.

I hang around international types a lot here in the desert so I have to specify “American” Football otherwise people think I mean soccer.

I take credit for watching Doctor Who before Jamie and getting her hooked… however most things I am hooked on are because of Jamie… and I don’t mean drugs I mean television shows or book series mostly.

I like animals… more than Jamie…a lot more…that is important.

I watch The Avengers, Harry Potter, or BBC Sherlock when I just need something to fall asleep to at night.

My exciting news right now: My friends and I have started weekly movie night and they want to watch all the Harry Potter movies. I had to contain my excitement (to put it mildly)… then we’re having a Christmas movie palooza for the first part of December until we all leave for the Holiday break!

Also our sister Sarah is a plethora of thoughts, information and news…. But she often disappears into the night before she can actually record these things (yay- she’s kind of like a superhero).

However she is the only of us to play D&D where she worships a glitter god. We'll provide updates on that situation often.

No comments:

Post a Comment