Thursday, January 9, 2014

My 12 Role Models....KE

I love the Seahawk list! Finally Seattle is getting a team that is getting noticed…it’s been a while! Although, now I am even more sad that the timing of the playoff games suck so bad for my viewing pleasure. I have to either get up REALLY early or stay up REALLY late on a school night! When mom and dad come to Abu Dhabi it will be Super Bowl time and if the Hawks make it that far, I’m not what we are going to do then. We’ll have to find a solution to that.

Blacklist- So you’re totally convinced he is her father. I mean it seems to make the most sense… but I guess I’m waiting for some sort of twist. And Agent Ressler is totally in love with her… and I like him a bit better… but he’ll have to stay that way. He did piss me off a few times.

Let’s talk about the other Buzzfeed list- the 12 intelligent TV woman who should be your role models http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbsp/intelligence/12-tv-heroines-who-should-be-your-role-model.
I think the fact that I don’t watch many of those shows makes me disagree with some of their choices and perhaps the retro aspect. I loved your add ins (Sydney Bristow, Kate Beckett, Dana Scully, Olivia Pope, Olivia Dunham, Claire Huxtable, CJ Craig). I think what I would want/suggest would be a “classic TV” list and a “currently on TV.” Or maybe even a comedy verses a drama break down. And really, there a lot more than 12 woman out there on television that are worthy of role model status.
However if I HAD to choose 12 fictional female characters from television who I think are worthy, this would be my top 12:

Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Veronica Mar (Veronica Mars)
Claire Huxtable  (The Cosby Show
Sydney Bristow (Alias)
Leslie Knope (Park and Rec)
Olivia Dunham (Fringe)
Mackenzie McHale (Newsroom)
River Song (Doctor Who)
Jessica Day (New Girl)
CJ Criag (West Wing)
Max Black (2 Broke Girls)
Starbuck/Kara (Battlestar Galactic.)

New Year update- So far I haven’t watched a single movie from the list. Nor have I practiced the Ukulele. I also have not read any books yet. 2014- 1, me- 0. (I have managed to stay away from new shows and stick to my current viewing list)

Golden Globes this weekend? I expect your next blog to be about that.

Sarah- She has the sword….WHAT it was really a portkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment