Monday, January 6, 2014

Following up on all the things - JE

Blacklist follow up with spoilers (not for you, but for those who don't watch):
He is totally her dad. I mean yes, he has a demonstrated ability to care about people (his team was obviously quite important to him), but nothing like his loyalty and commitment to her. I do like that we are questioning/debating what seemed so obvious in all the show promos. And her husband is totally evil. He's probably Alan Alda's minion.
And how are we feeling about Agent Ressler after 10 episodes? I mean, I know he isn't amazing, but he grew on me. And I'm pretty sure he's totally in love with Lizzie. And when her husband is revealed to be an evil secret spy, he is totally going to sweep in. Except Lizzie has way too much going on for that, she needs to focus on Lizzie, so he'll have to wait.  

I like your resolutions. The no new show thing is probably a good idea. I caught the Almost Human pilot the other night (show with Bones from the new Star Trek and his android with feelings partner). It was pretty good and I am contemplating watching some more because that actor is coming to Emerald City Comicon. But then Downton is back Sunday and Teen Wolf is back Monday. And Sherlock on the 19th. And seriously, don't even tell me if you watch it. I'm having enough trouble with my damn tumblr feed. And I thought Revenge was off until March like OUAT, but it's back on Sunday. I need some winter hiatuses to catch up.
I have to get going on my Oscar prep. I pretty much need to see everything, but I'm thinking it probably won't happen until next weekend. And then it can't interfere with football. So many things!!

I am glad you got to watch Austenland. I loved that movie. Mostly because of Jennifer Coolidge, but also because the main guy who looks like Tom Hiddleston, but isn't, is very attractive. And Brett from Flight if the Concords is also adorable, although not so endearing. And I want to see About Time, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And I think it's an okay list. I mean it's a decent spread of intelligence and physical strength among other traits. Plus it's got Abby, Buffy, Veronica & Starbuck, which is pretty solid. But I started to think about who was missed (Sydney Bristow, Kate Beckett, Dana Scully, Olivia Pope, Olivia Dunham, Claire Huxtable, CJ Craig, all other west Wing women, etc etc) and I decided that really the list is just too short. Should have at least 100. 

And can we just talk about the Veronica Mars trailer? I cannot wait for March 14th. I just hope that Rob Thomas doesn't go all Serenity on us and kill off beloved characters. I mean, I think Serenity is great, but so many tears.



Thanks to that Nintendo game we had, Sarah knows exactly how to defeat Ursula.  So she rolls the appropriate number so she can flick her tail and capture other sea creatures in bubbles and throw them at the sea witch.  Of course, once you defeat her she comes back even larger.  And the only logical choice is to find a broken ship to steer into her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment