Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jamie's Fall TV Preview

Summer TV has been great. Besides The Closer & Eureka, we watched Rizzoli & Isles, Franklin & Bash, Warehouse 13, and Alphas. Plus I started Friday Night Lights, Meryl & I are half way through the first season of Revenge, and we got through the 4th season of True Blood. But now it is September, and all our favorites are coming back. Here is a finale recap and my predictions for the season to come. Some more serious than others. (In order of premiere date)
Glee - Is it okay that I don't really care? I mean, I'll watch until it becomes completely unwatchable. Don't get me wrong, it has certainly had its quality moments (I still can't watch the Furt episode without crying) over the years, but I can't help but think that Ryan Murphy & co expected this show to be cancelled after the first season and have just been winging it every since.
Bones - Bones ran off with the baby, leaving Booth & the team on their own to try and prove her innocence. My guess is that they won't draw this out for very long. I predict that Bones is back to a brunette by episode two. Did they renew for another season already? I kind of feel like it might be time to wrap things up.
Parks & Rec - Excited for Leslie to be on the council, and I hope that we still get some quality Ben time even if he is off in D.C. You can't just give me a couple seasons of Adam Scott and then take him away. But even without him, the rest of the team will be there to cause trouble, help Leslie, and make me laugh.
How I Met Your Mother - Barney is engaged to Quinn, but we all know the wedding they have been teasing is his & Robin's. Oh, and there is...waitforit... a baby! I feel like this show should probably also wrap up this season, but it's talented cast keeps getting more and more popular which is good for ratings, so we'll see. I predict a lot of humor involving babysitters so that Marshall & Lily don't miss too much quality bar time. Also, looking forward to the return of BSG's Michael Trucco. Oh, and meeting the damn mother already.
Two Broke Girls - I am going out on a limb to predict more cupcakes and inappropriate humor.
Castle - After 4 seasons of will they or won't they, they did! Okay, it was never really will they or won't they, it was more like when will they. Oh, and Beckett is off the squad. And the Ryan-Esposito bromance (I find it funny that the two best bromances on television - these two and Steve & Dano - occupy the same time slot) is in trouble. I have no predictions regarding Caskett, but I'm guessing Beckett is back at the station within 2 episodes. Even if my preference is that her & Castle create their own detective agency. Can you imagine? Martha & Alexis could help. Ryan would be their guy on the force that kept them connected, and out of trouble. You'd totally watch that with me, right?
Hawaii 5-0 - Kono went into the water. And she might drown and die. (which is a problem due to the lack of resurrection ships, that was just a little BSG humor). I'm going out on a limb and saying that she won't die. I'm thinking her super hot Yakuza boyfriend will save her somehow? But maybe I just want him to take his shirt off again. Regardless, I'm thinking that the Baldwin brother bad guy is going to be causing trouble all season long.
NCIS - I don't know that I am emotionally ready to talk about this. The office exploded, and Ducky. Oh, Ducky. I just don't know what things would be like without him, so I am going to keep hoping that he is alright.
The New Girl - Hilarity will ensue. Schmidt will be even funnier. Nick will be adorable.
The Big Bang Theory - I predict that by season's end, Sheldon & Amy round 1st base.
Fringe - Final 13 episodes to take place in the future. I couldn't predict this if I wanted, and I don't want to. I want them to do their thing one last time.
Once Upon a Time - Magic! In the real world. What I love about this show is that I have no idea what is going to happen now that everyone remembers. Besides things obviously getting a little uncomfortable for Regina, but that evil witch always manages to land on her feet. Mostly I hope that the curse lifted in time for Augustus to come back to life. And I hope that now David remembers he is Charming, he will be awesome and less of a tool.
Revenge - Well, from the season premiere I know that there is a murder coming, but as mentioned above, I am only halfway through the first season, so I don't know how we are going to end up back at that first scene. Looking forward to being caught up so that I can enjoy the new season.
Hart of Dixie - When I think about how this show ended I become very anxious. We finally get a Team Wade victory, and then George shows up at the door and kisses Zoey. Just thinking about them starting at that moment gives me a pain in the chest. I am probably going to pace. I predict heartbreak for Team Wade, but that's okay, we'll win in the long run. 
30 Rock - No predictions for this one, but looking forward to the final season.
 
New shows: Revolution (I'll try anything the JJ makes), Arrow (my interest in this went up exponentially with the addition of Torchwood's John Barrowman to the cast), The Mindy Project (after reading Mindy Kaling's memoir, I firmly believe she can do no wrong), Elementary (I'll try anything Sherlock at least once, I love Benedict & Iron Man's portrayals so why wouldn't I give Johnny Lee Miller a chance)
Good lord I watch too much TV. And we haven't even discussed that Downton returns in the winter...  
Books read: 34
Coming Soon: Jumping on the "add zombies to anything in the public domain genre" bandwagon, Sarah writes a short story titled Sherlock & the Zombies in Italy, based loosely on her recent experiences in the country. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I cannot wait for Once Upon a Time to come back. I was so surprised they decided to have everyone remember who they were in the S1 finale. I thought for sure that would get dragged out longer than that. I work late nights at Dish and won’t be home to watch OUAT live this season, so I’m glad I can count on my Hopper to record it for me to enjoy as soon as I get home. I would hate to be out of the loop with this show at all. It’s going to be totally different this season and I’m so excited. September 30th can’t get here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete