Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jamie's Emmy Predictions (I haven't done this, right?)

Since we're talking TV this week anyhow and the Emmys are just over a week away, how about some predictions? Some of these are completely random, but that's fine, it's not like if I win I get Jon Hamm. That would be a really good contest though. Not permanently, just for the evening. Think about it Jon. 

Comedy Series: While my heart belongs to the nerds, I can't imagine this won't go to Modern Family. Every single adult actor on the show is nominated and the writing is spectacular.
Drama Series: I feel like the smart guess is Breaking Bad because everyone loves that show. It's like the new Wire only it actually wins awards. But I'm going with Downton Abbey. Basically because I want it to win. Free Bates!
Movie/Mini-series: Sherlock. Obviously.
Comedy Leads: What a fabulous group of women, and while tempting to go with the new girl or my bff Tina, I'm feeling like it might finally be Amy Poehler's year. And I probably don't have to say this, but I pick Sheldon for the dudes.
Drama Leads: I haven't watched a lot of these, but Homeland is extremely popular, so I'm going to predict a sweep in these two categories, Claire  Danes & Damien Lewis. Good lord that lead actor category is hard.
Movie/Mini-series Actors: This actor category is not hard because one of the nominees is named Benedict Cumberbatch. Not only will he win all the votes from people who have watched Sherlock, but also any Emmy voters who have been lazy this season and didn't watch anything. They'll just pick him for the name. And while I haven't seen Game Change, I have to go with Julianne Moore. She is one of my favorite actresses and the movie is political.
Supporting cast speed round:
Mayim Bialik OR Kathryn Joosten
Max Greenfield (should be Nick Offerman)
Maggie Smith
Peter Dinklage OR Brendan Coyle (should be John Noble)
Jessica Lange
Martin Freeman
Variety series: The Daily Show. Partly because watching Colbert after Jon Stewart wins is hilarious.
Reality anything: I really could not care less.

Books read: 34

Coming Soon: Sarah begins an online petition to add a Science Fiction section to the Emmys, replacing the "Reality" categories.  We can all dream, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment