Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kacey's Summer Music Part 2…

Jamie- you are on a role. So much said in such a short amount of time. Well I've got another one! (Personal best- 3 blogs within 1 week, I guess being unemployed and totally unsure what is coming in the fall for me has its perks- more free time for blogging!)

Summer update: Spent one evening playing four games of Settlers of Catan with my parents. I went berry picking. Practiced the ukulele (it's coming along). And I finished one book and then I laid in a hammock and started another.

Can't wait to see what week two has in store for me!

Inspired by my summer movie list I created another music mix. This is a list that I would consider “family friendly.”  Not in the Disney “family friendly” way but meaning it will be played this summer while hanging out with my family and is less modern than the last mix.

Summer Music Mix #2

School’s Out by Alice Cooper- Only fitting, right? Also from Dazed and Confused

Tequila by The Champs- Consuming tequila is very much a summer activity. Plus it's in The Sandlot.

Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles- Because living in the Pacific Northwest the sun can be hit and miss in the summer so when it does appear it needs a theme song.

Iko Iko by The Belle Star- Not sure what my motivation was other than this song just says summer.

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison- A lot of my mixes these days have Van Morrison and this is totally summer worthy.

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams- It has summer in the title. And I know we all have a summer we could write a song about. With all my ukulele playing this might be my summer for that!

Free Falling by Tom Petty- Great group sing along around the camp fire. Everyone knows the words (or at least the chorus).

Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis- The Stand by Me soundtrack is awesome and this has always been a favorite of mine.

Coconut by Harry Nilsson- It’s almost a requirement to listen to this song sitting in the sun with a drink in hand.

ABC by The Jackson 5- Because I know the girls from Now and Then danced around to this song.

Centerfield by John Fogerty- Summer mix without a song about baseball?! Um, not gonna happen.

Highway to the Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins- This is mostly for my dad… he digs Loggins and I know when it comes on he’ll say “oh, good song.”

Weather is Here by Jimmy Buffett- This song is two-fold: 1- No summer mix is complete without a little Buffett and 2- No family friendly mix for my family is complete without a little Buffett for mom.

Hitchin’ A Ride Vanity Fare- Riding a bike (without a helmet) down some back road with good friends… in 1970s.

Rock and Roll, Hoochi Koo by Rick Derringer- One Dazed and Confused song is not enough.

Green Onions by Booker T and the MG’s- Great Sandlot scene... scrappy poor kids and rich uniformed kids hurling insults at each other all accumulating with “you play ball like a girl!” Which normally I would take offense- but it’s just so funny.

Stand By Me by Ben E. King- Not really an upbeat fun song, but it is the theme song for a great summer movie.

Tiny Dancer by Elton John- Another great sing-along, because all problems can fixed with a sing-along.

Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Wanes- Because nobody puts baby in the corner.


Coming Soon: It preparation for her trip to Greece Sarah develops an error proof plan to save the Greek economy involving sacrifices to several Greek Gods and lots of Ouzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment