Monday, June 25, 2012

Kacey’s Summer Music Part 1…

I know I left you all on the edge of your seat wondering  “what did Kacey do with her first official day of summer break.” Well it was not filled with tree houses, water balloon fights and playing baseball but I did make a really awesome music mix.

I don’t blog about music much… strike that… I don’t think I’ve ever blogged about music. But I flippin’ love music- although I have very little music ability. Although Jamie and Sarah did by me a ukulele for my birthday this year which I have been practicing and hope to get even better at this summer! (stay tuned for tour dates)

So I made a mixed CD (cuz I still do that and I love it). I’m actually working on a few summer themed ones but this first one is mostly all 2012 released music (or late 2011) and is all fun, dance around and feel happy music. Some of it is actually rather poppy- but I apologize for nothing.

Summer Music Mix #1

1. Out On the Town by Fun. – Right now most mixes I make include music from Fun. The Some Nights album is pretty amazing and as often as I listen to it I have yet to get tired of it. This particular song is one of my favorites.

2. Gold Rush by Ed Sheeran- I have fallen in love with this ginger songwriter and again most my mixes right now include music by him. This song is one of my latest downloads and it makes me dance around.

3. Glad You Came by The Wanted- Admittedly I heard this song first on Glee (which in my defense doesn’t happen often), but I then decided I liked this version best.

4. Brokenhearted by Karmin- I dare you to listen this and not want to dance (or at least tap your foot a little).

5. Stare Into the Sun by Graffiti6- This band is a recent discovery and this song just says “summer.” I mean it’s about staring into the sun.

6. Back In Time by Pitbull- Not only does this song sample another song from one of my favorite summer movies, but Pitbull is sexy.  Win all around.

7. Drive By by Train- Train does it again. They are awesome at making catchy singles.

8. Good Girl by Carrie Underwood- New sassy Carrie Underwood?! Yes please!

9. Everybody Talks by Neon Trees- My mom thinks she likes this song because of the commercial it is in… I will have to play it for her in its entirely to see if it holds true. There may be dancing with our hands in the air.

10. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen- I don’t think it’s currently legal to make a poppy 2012 mix without this song. It is EVERYWHERE! Again, try not to dance.

11. Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men- I am putting this song on a lot of mixes.. there are horns and stuff… it’s pretty fantastic.

12. Starships by Glee Cast- I did know this Nikki Minaj song a little prior to hearing it on Glee, but something about drag queen performing it was just way more awesome.

13. Gold on the Ceiling by The Black Keys- Songs about ceilings of gold-sweet. I always turn it up when it comes on.

14. Ass Back Home by Gym Class Heroes (featuring Neon Hitch)- I love the move like Jagger song… but I actually think I like this song a little bit better. Gym Class is knocking out the singles right now and I enjoy them all.

15. The Wrong Direction by Passenger- This band is a recent find and this song makes me dance around. They also sing a song about a man who goes to the moon and sails with pirates. High recommendation.

16. Don’t Leave Me (Ne me quitte pas) by Regina Spektor- New Regina! And I don’t know even know what half this song is saying but I like it lots.

17. Too Close by Alex Clare- Admittedly first heard this song and in a commercial. I just think it sounds so awesome!

This is mix 1… stick around mix 2 is soon to follow.
2 days... 2 posts!


Coming Soon: Sarah listens to the new the Bieber “Boyfriend” song backwards and reveals the hidden messages she finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment