Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kacey Talks Summer...

While May rocked for posts we seem to be slacking a little this month. And when I say we I really mean Jamie- because my once a month blog is pretty standard. However, the time has come for me to pick it up as I have completed my student teaching and now have a little more free time on my hands! *Waits for applause*

Summer has begun for me… and really I will be spending my time looking for a teaching job or even looking for temporary work for the summer. But before all that fun begins I can’t help for take a deep breath and enjoy the moments. Since last Friday “School's Out” by Alice Cooper has been playing over and over again in my head. This of course makes me think of “Dazed and Confused” which leads to thoughts of other great summer themed movies which lead to- time to make a list!

Kacey’s Favorite Summer Themed Movies!

If you are unsure about how to spend your summer then you may find some inspiration from these movies (both of what to do and what might not be such a good idea).

Either way- all movies will entertain!

Dazed and Confused: Maybe more what not to do than what to do… but a total first day of summer classic. Plus awesome soundtrack.

Sandlot: Why not spend your summer playing baseball at neighborhood field. Really, nobody does this anymore. This movie reminds me of a simpler time.

Wet Hot American Summer: If you have ever worked at a summer camp you will fully appreciate this movie. If you haven’t you will still find it hilarious. Plus this movie takes place in one day instead of a whole summer- which makes it even crazier.

Dirty Dancing: Carrying watermelons and learning to dance.  Even organized fun can be awesome with a dance instructor like Patrick Swayze.

Stand By Me: Maybe going in search of a dead body isn’t the best idea. However, bonding with friends on a little adventure never hurts.

Now and Then: Mystery, tree houses and summer- why not spend you summer going to grave yards and solving mysteries with your best friends that you will meet up with again twenty years later.

Camp Nowhere: Best idea ever. If you can pull this off- do it. With technology today it would take quite a bit of trickery… it’s totally unsafe and any adult who agrees to help is not to be trusted. But still- brilliant idea.

Almost Famous: Travel with a rock back for the summer and when there is a problem just sing “Tiny Dancer” and all will be alright. 

Okay after I made this list I realized all these movies are at least 15 years old or take place at least 40 years ago and are mostly about school aged people. Makes me think that summer used to be a lot cooler and we don’t enjoy it like we used to. Plus I guess there comes a point where we aren’t allowed to slack off all summer. So I have made a goal of at least trying to make my summer sound totally awesome- even while on a budget and the next part of my life totally unknown. My first task will be to make some awesome Summer Mixes… stick around because you will want to know about those.


Coming Soon: Sarah recounts how after chatting with Dr. Seuss and watching Batman and a Transformer argue in Los Angles she accidentally ended up in Las Vegas in a bar that reminded her Mclaren’s Pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment