Friday, February 28, 2014

Rockin' Old Men and Game of Thrones.... KE

Who knew that 70 year old men would put on the best concert EVER. I knew I would enjoy it and appreciate getting a chance to see the Rolling Stones live, but the energy level (mainly from Mick Jagger) and the quality of music was outstanding. Mick Jagger had a catwalk that he would strut up and down and Keith Richard even moved a bit with his sparkly headband. I mean we’ve seen some pretty great old guy concerts… Bon Jovi, Elton John and Billy Joel, Tom Petty…. all which are hard to top… but I think this one topped those.  (I would have to say Elton and Billy are a close second- only Mick Jagger can hit all the notes still.) I’m going to go see Justin Timberlake in May too. As sexy as he is going to be….he’s got a lot to live up to now.

Buzz Feed Joss Whedon which heroine are you- I got Dr. Horrible's Penny.

So I’ve given up on completing the books first and started watching Game of Thrones. The books are good- just a bit thick to get through and I have not been a very progressive reader lately. (My new years resolution is not going so well). However, I am finding that because the show covers pretty much everything in the book, I’m actually anxious to find out what happens after the point I have to read in Book 2. There have been times where I have been watching and actually wished I didn’t know what was going to happen because I think it would be more intense. That’s not usually how I operate either. Usually I want to read books first because when I watch the movie I get more out of the movie. But a book in a TV format (and an awesome TV show at that) I’m feeling reading spoils the TV show a bit (that's a slightly awful notion... but it's what I'm feelin').

Mortal Instruments conversation continued: Simon was probably the best part… and actually beside Magnus Bane being lame and not loving the casting for Jace… the rest of the casting was pretty good… just not enough to save the movie. There was very little character development and all of a sudden they seemed to know each other really well. Again- too much going on in such a short amount of time. MAYBE it should have been a television show too! That’s my new thing- complex book series as TV shows.

And because no blog would be complete without some Buzzfeed:
I got Mr. Feeny… It might have something to with the fact that I chose “I am the teacher” http://www.buzzfeed.com/austinhunt/which-boy-meets-world-character-are-you

Also…  yesterday a friend of mine and I were reminiscing about old sitcoms. Then we decided to make Growing Pains into a drinking game. Then we also discussed how to make watching Golden Girls into a drinking game (she owns all the seasons on DVD). So turning 80s/90s sitcoms into drinking games might become a thing I do… stay tuned for that.


Sarah is pleased the concert was rockin’. So pleased in fact that she is inspired to start her own rock band. Step one- find a sparkly headband to wear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment