Saturday, February 22, 2014

I don't have a title today... JE

What I wrote right after reading your blog, but before watching the new episode this past week:
So much is happening on Teen Wolf, I almost forgot about Scott's dad having a secret. Almost. Do you think that there is a connection to what happened to Stiles' mom or is that link superficial, something that the evil thing (gitsune? I don't really know what they are saying, it moves so quickly) uses to hide itself or throw people off? I kind of feel better that Derek is back in a "I am going to help you and be a good guy" way. He will help save Stiles and the fandom will swoon and dream. (I still don't really get that, at least not like I get the Dean & Cas fans). And yes, Scott & Kira are adorable, although her mom is going to try and kill his best friend, so that is awkward. And I am totally about Alison and Isaac. I love Isaac in general as just he cracks me up. Also, much like in Supernatural, I am in constant fear that someone will die. 

After this week's episode:
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!jnfjnesln.gdkdsnvdksnv.dksnvkdfsn  There were sparks and tricks and you are a father and kaboom. I don't even know how to predict what is going to happen and if people are going to die over the next several episodes.  I think there are maybe 4 more?  Just madness.

Anyhow, I liked your post.  I don't know if you saw this piece from a Texas sportscaster on Michael Sam (it went pretty viral right after he did it), it's pretty awesome:  http://deadspin.com/texas-sportscaster-destroys-silly-opposition-to-michael-1521755532   I like that he gets just a little political at the end.  And I completely agree with your reaction to Ellen Page's speech.  What was so brilliant is that is was just a great speech aside from her coming out during it.  She spoke so well about the important work that HRC does, and then made it even more powerful by demonstrating how inspiring she found their efforts.

Of course, we (as a country) take a couple steps forward with things like marriage equality in more states and Kansas and Arizona lose their shit.  So, Kansas went first, the state house passed a bill that allows businesses to discriminate against LGBT people if it offends their religion, or something like that.  But the state senate killed it, so that's good.  Not to be outdone, the whackadoodles in the Arizona legislature (I think we remember them from their "we can pull you over if you look illegal" legislation) passed a similar bill, allowing people to refuse service if it "puts a substantial burden on their sincerely held religious beliefs."  They are legalizing discrimination against anyone who is LGBT and declaring it is to protect religion.  So, can I discriminate against the bigots because that offends my personal religion?  I really can't even handle this. 

I can't say I'm surprised about the Mortal Instruments, but still disappointed to hear that.  How was Simon?  That actor is pretty adorable, and I enjoy Simon, so I'm hoping he was okay?  I guess I'll just wait patiently for the final book.  

Buzzfeed quiz: http://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/which-joss-whedon-heroine-are-you

I got Inara.  I mean, I love Inara, but I was a little unsure about that, until Joss Whedon tweeted that he got Inara.  Maybe I'm still a little unsure, but I will embrace the awesome.

Finally, in honor of Jimmy Fallon's first week hosting the Tonight Show, I leave you with this: http://hellogiggles.com/post-first-watch-jimmy-fallon-justin-timberlakes-history-rap-5

Sarah, like me, is waiting to hear a full review of the old men concert that you attended this week, which was apparently amazing.  She is frozen with anticipation.  Which reminds I still need to see Frozen.  But I think I can rent it on demand or iTunes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment