Friday, December 6, 2013

One Week - JE

First and foremost, Men at Work returns January 15th.  I just saw this preview on TBS and I wanted you to know as soon as I knew.  Cause that show cracks me up.

You are going to be here in ONE WEEK!  I mean a week from right now we will be partying in the ham.  Like we do.  Which means we'll be at a party with our parents trying not to fall asleep.  You'll have the excuse of jet lag, whereas I just can't hack it on Friday nights.  Which is why I am in my Santa pjs at home right now.  I pulled out the Christmas boxes today, but that is as far as I got tonight.  Mostly I needed them so that I could put in a Christmas movie in a little bit.  All my Christmas movies (most of which are on VHS) are in the Christmas boxes.  But that is later.  First, we need to review today.

I know we've already discussed this a bit, but today was an epic day for Seattle sports.  As we gear up for the big game on Sunday (when our Seahawks head down to the Bay Area to take on the 49ers), our other favorite sports teams made some major moves.  First off the Huskies hired (now former) Boise St coach Chris Petersen.  In Petersen's tenure at Boise St, the Broncos are 92-12.  Say what you will about their schedule, but that is damn impressive.  And they play on that ridiculous blue field.  Think of what he can do on a regular field.  I think things are looking up on Lake Washington, and I think when Sark brings his Trojans back up here, we're gonna kick his ass.  That's right, I said it.  

Not to be outdone, the Mariners dropped 240 million on Jay Z's client, Robinson Cano (pending physical and all that technical stuff).  Yes, that Robinson Cano, the one who used to play 2nd base for the NY Yankees and wanted a 10 year contract that they were unwilling to offer (their 175 million over 7 years was actually more per year).  It is an obscene amount of money.  Whoever signed Cano was going to pay crazy amounts of money, that was a given.  That is the level of player that he has been and that is the way things go in the MLB these days.  In the long run, it may or may not be the best investment.  But the Mariners have been relatively inactive in off-season deals for far too long.  They needed to make a big move to put someone in their offense that the other team fears.  That will protect the rest of the lineup and make the team stronger as a whole.  They are a few moves away from where we want them to be, but this is a big step that shows us that the ownership and Jack Z are serious about moving this team forward.  They are telling King Felix that they appreciate his commitment to this city and this team and they are willing to pony up to get some offense.  And I feel the need to insert one more time that this is an insane amount of money and I hope that Cano will prove to worth a good portion of it.  Also, I hope he is a team player when it comes to the 2014 commercials.  We'll be watching.  

To answer the question you just asked me in an e-mail, I was aware that Downton was already happening and assumed you knew and just hadn't chosen to watch it yet.  It does not air in the U.S. until 2014.  Early though, I think it starts right after the new year.  And then Sherlock starts her a couple weeks later.  I am not super excited about Downton (although I'll definitely watch it), but I CANNOT wait for Sherlock.  Also, for Teen Wolf.  Have you seen the crazy Teen Wolf teaser trailers?  It's going to be so crazy and awesome.  I'm pretty excited about it.

I am fairly confident that there were some other things to bring up, but the sports news of the day has trumped all other things.  Except for the fact that you are coming home in 1 week and I am super excited! 

Sarah gets into a fight with some mermaids and is temporarily out of commission.  Her turn is skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment