Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I finally started Newsroom and too many HIMYM spoilers...KE

So last week I was inspired to watch Thanksgiving episodes of West Wing and then decided it was time to start The Newsroom. I am now almost finished with the 2 seasons of Newsroom and I have decided I actually have a love-hate relationship with all things Sorkin (Aaron Sorkin). I love everything he does, but I hate how he can make me feel all the things… and I usually end up crying… for good reasons, but still. There is only so much emotion a girl can handle, especially around the holidays when I am watching a large amount of Christmas movies anyways which also make me feel lots of things.  I might have to follow up with The American President… even though it is not a Christmas movie (well it kind of is because there are some holiday parts).

I loved the article about Peeta as the stereotypical girlfriend role in the Hunger Games series… but I think my favorite part was the comparison to Gale. And then at the mention of how tall he is- He’s Thor’s brother! Classic.

So right after I read your post I went on facebook. Usually the facebook HIMYM page is pretty spoiler free, but right at the top of my feed was “Barney brings Canada to Robin” –“tell us what you thought of Barney’s surprise”. REALLY? It’s not even 24 hours after it aired and you posting surprises. What area do you live in that you don’t realize many people DON’T watch episodes of shows the same night they air. Now I don’t know if I would have figured out Barney was planning a surprise for Robin the whole time or if I would have just been confused by Barney’s stupid behavior. Also- it was a great episode… but an episode without Marshall is always just a little bit lacking. He was there very briefly at the beginning with all the Canada jokes… but that was it. 

About the drones… that shit scares me… along with computers that are thinking like humans. That’s a thing now too apparently. Why? Why would you do it? Machines rising up… taking over… it’s bound to happen.
 
I have 2 buzzfeeds this week to share… this is one, because of both of our love for wine.

And this is SOOO happening at Christmas. I’m sending it to Sarah too. I mean, how did we not write this?

Home in 9 days!

Sarah is first offended by the term "monster" in referring to Nessie... we're trying to move away from those type of negative words. Nessie is really more of gentle creature. In fact Nessie offers to give a ride to where the sword is... but it's the bloody mermaids you have to watch out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment