Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Glossary Part 2- (by Kacey)

I suck… here I had all these ambitions to write more blogs this summer… but alas I only wrote 1 entry in July making my summer grand total 4. You’d think I’d have some excuse like I’ve been really busy… but… um …no…unless it’s possible to be busy being lazy.

I mean I do stuff… lots of job searching still…helped plan an 80th surprise party of my Grandpa…spent some time at the beach… read a few books (well like 3)… did some berry picking… watched some baseball. But I can do better… I know it. (I’ve got some stuff in the works actually… so stick around for that...and the glossary will continue as well)

So as Jamie’s last entry noted we’ve started a glossary of phrases. If you spend more than an hour with us you’re probably going to hear us say something from the glossary… especially if we’re together. So here is the second part… in no particular order.

Glossary Part 2:

“Go on, get out of here, get” Source: The New Girl, via Schmidt. Also knowing as “White Fanging.” Schmidt wants to break up Cece and decides the best method is to yell at her like what happens in White Fang…. I guess. I’ve actually never read White Fang, but now I know that what to do when I want someone to leave and don’t want them to feel bad about leaving.

“Pivot!” Source: Friends. Ross is trying to move a couch and yells this it hopes of getting the couch up the stairs. This phrase is best used whenever moving something, predominantly when trying to fit furniture through small spaces.

“Moo Point” Source: Friends. Yes another Friends reference. This is a Joey phrase he says instead of say “moot point.” However in his defense he does follow it up with sound logic explaining that it’s like a cow’s opinion; it doesn’t matter. I particularly like to use this around mom as she knows the reference and it always makes her giggle (she loves Joey).

“Pants! Pants! Pants!” Source: How I Met Your Mother. Barney wants so bad for Marshall to tell the pants story and he eventually starts chanting “pants”. Ultimately the story proves to be only half as funny as Barney has built it up to be. The chant is really only invoked when “pants” are somehow part of a conversation and one suddenly feels the need to insert the reference or confuse people.

“You all want a victory!?” Source: Remember the Titans. Classic sports movie. Referenced whenever one wants to win a game, particularly when on a team and the team needs pumping up.

“Totes Cray-Cray.” Source: Kind of Unknown because I think it’s a thing young people say, but we started using it because of Lydia who is featured on the Lizzie Bennett Diaries and she says it regularly. (She also not has her own Vlog- so funny). It’s commonly used it a mocking tone, as we are not teenage girls and sound rather ridiculous saying it.

“Rrrreally Fun” Source: That 70’s Show. Kelso says this. Hyde then reminds him that last time Kelso said this they had to get his stomach pumped…so of course Hyde is game. Kelso then rides a canoe down a hill. The best time to use this is coming up when a really fun idea… obviously.


Coming Soon: Sarah discusses the Olympic opening ceremonies and draws parallels to Danny Boyle's movies. (My favorite part is where she discusses Trainspotting and the Queen parachuting with James Bond)

No comments:

Post a Comment