Monday, May 14, 2012

Jamie's Finale Follow Up - Thursday Night Comedy


I know, I know... I need to watch Once Upon a Time.  I will get to it.  I was on a train because I went to visit my mother.  So quit telling me how #&#^&#$-tastic it was.  I have to go to work.  I will get to it soon.  In the meantime, here's my follow up for the best TV on Thursday nights (note: I also love Liz Lemon, but that finale is next week)
Parks & Recreation
Lived up to the Hype?: Election results always do.  A recount and a drunken finish always make for an exciting election night.
Excitement for Next Season?: Of course! How will the Parks department work now that Leslie is on the city council?
Questions Remaining?: Is Adam Scott (Ben) going to leave?  Can’t he just stay?  I want him to stay.  I hope that this adventure to D.C. for Ben is short lived.
Standout Performances/Character Moments: Honorable mentions to Ann Perkins as her results delivery was brilliant, and April hiding under the table after losing some files (I love it when April cares, just a little).  However, as always, the standout was the incomparable Ron Swanson.  Explaining to Leslie why they all did it (barely able to get out that they care about her, not about all the time they put into the race), and then following it up by suggesting she drive because he’d had 11 whiskeys.  (How did he get there?)
The Big Bang Theory
Lived up to the Hype?: Sure.  I mean, space and a wedding.  Plus the return of Amy’s tiara.
Excitement for Next Season?: Hell yes!  I mean, I assume they aren’t killing off Wolowitz, but the man did just launch into space in a questionable machine.
Questions Remaining?: As always, the future of Leonard & Penny, but whatever, it’ll be funny and awesome.  Really though, my only question is, when will we get to see Leonard & Sheldon’s moms again.  They are my favorites.
Standout Performances/Character Moments: This episode so perfectly captured all of the characters during the wedding scene (I LOVED that they all got ordained to perform the ceremony together).  And then the end scene with the hand holding was pretty significant all around.  I love that a show that doesn’t shy away from dirty jokes and ended last season by having two characters unexpectedly get drunk and hook up, can also give us three quality moments using some good old fashioned hand holding.  
Books read: 27
Coming Soon: Sarah writes a campaign plan for Sheldon, who will be running for supreme commander of the universe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment