Monday, May 7, 2012

Jamie Watchs Too Much TV

I do, I know I do.  Not only that, but I get really attached.  So that when season finale time comes around, it is high stress (not to mention, when you don’t know if shows are coming back for another season or not).  Here’s where I’m at (in order from Sunday – Saturday), as we approach the end of the season:
Once Upon a Time: When this started, I was very concerned about where they would go once Emma believed (and potentially broke) the curse, but then I got so wrapped up in what was happening each week, that I didn’t have time to dwell on that, I was too focused on how much I wanted to throw something that would go through my TV and hit Regina in her smug, evil face.  Now that we are a week out from the finale and it looks like Emma might finally believe, I am back to the original question.  However, I have decided to have faith in the writers (who say they have a plan for where to go from here).  I am guessing they may go a little the way of Heroes (only w/out the writer’s strike to throw off the flow in the middle) where each season wraps up a particular storyline, and we get something slightly new, but of course with the same characters, each season.  As opposed to making it more like Lost where there is build up each season toward one thing, which ultimately ends up disappointing a significant portion of the audience (except me, I am like the only person I know who likes the end of Lost, or the later seasons of Heroes for that matter).  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
**That was way too long.  Let’ s keep these a little shorter from here on out.
Sherlock: Just started, only 2 episodes to go, why is this show so amazing??
How I Met Your Mother: There’s gonna be a baby!!!  And maybe a wedding?!?!  I can’t say this has me super stressed, nothing like certain other Monday night shows.  But I am VERY intrigued.
Two Broke Girls: No stress, just laughs, and it’s renewed for next season.  Can’t wait to laugh at these ladies all over again next season.
Hart of Dixie: Stop judging me.  Mostly, I just hope that my favorite guilty pleasure of the season comes back next year.  Come on CW, all of your ratings are low, just keep this adorable little show.  Also, Team Wade for life.
Eureka: Don’t tell me what’s happening!  I have one more episode from season 4.5 (oh Syfy, you and your silly seasons) and then I can catch up on this final season and start watching it as it unfolds.  Pros to shows being cancelled: not stressing about whether or not they’ll get to finish.  Cons: The show is cancelled.  Obviously, that sucks.
Bones: I’m behind on this too, but I have heard tale of excitement in the final couple episodes.
Castle:  I could not be more stressed out about what tonight’s season finale has in store.  Beckett & Castle in love, dealing with her shooting, are they finally going to be together, will they fight, will they make up, and will we have to wait all fraking summer to find out???  I don’t know if I can take another Castle cliffhanger.  Not like last year.
Hawaii 5-0: I am a little behind on this show, but they don’t seem to have any lack of intensity.  Ever. 
Glee: Is it okay if I don’t care?  I mean, I still enjoy Glee and all its ridiculousness, but I’m afraid I have only a passing curiosity as to what happens to them next season.  Just sing me some fun songs and throw in a few tearjerker moments, and I’m good.
NCIS: Again, I think I’m a little behind.  But things are finally coming back around, so I’m sure Gibbs & Co will have some sort of noteworthy finale. Plus, maybe Tony & Ziva will work on breaking rule #12?
The New Girl: Mostly, I just laugh. And laugh.  And try not to choke on my food (there should be a disclaimer at the start, warning you not to eat while viewing) because of the laughing.  But I am a little concerned that Nick is going to move out.  Come on Nick, get it together.  You have to stay at the loft. 
The Big Bang Theory: Will Howard & Bernadette get married? Will Howard go to space? Will Penny & Leonard stay together?  Will Sheldon & Amy…um, you know? Will Raj find a lady? 
30 Rock: I don’t have any questions, I’m just here to watch (my BFF) Tina Fey be Liz Lemon. 
Parks & Recreation: I think I am as concerned about this election as I am about the real elections in November.  Okay, not really, but I am definitely worried for Leslie.  Voters can sometimes make poor choices, and she just wants this so bad, and would be so good for the town of Pawnee.
Fringe: Astrid!!!!  Kacey says she can’t die, she was in the amber.  But what if something happened and now that doesn’t exist.  I find it all very stressful.  Is that definitely where things end up?  What is going to happen to Olivia?  Can they really wrap this up in 13 episodes next season?  I mean, of course they can, and thank the TV gods they get to do just that. (Don’t anger the TV gods when you are still waiting to hear on other shows)
Okay, so when I lay it out like that, I think it’s really just Once Upon a Time, Castle, & Fringe that are high stress.   And Hart of Dixie is the only show left on the proverbial chopping block.  And you’re probably still judging me for that.  But whatever.  I’m just going to go make myself a Team Wade t-shirt.

Books read: 24 (Finally! I still have a couple hundred pages of Clash of Kings, but in the meantime, I finished Jenny Lawson's (The Bloggess) Let's Pretend this Never Happened.)

Coming Soon: Sarah writes a Bones/NCIS/Eureka triple crossover episode where they find the remains of a marine whose crazy experiment threatens to destroy town of Eureka.

No comments:

Post a Comment