Monday, April 4, 2011

Kacey Watches Alias

For someone who doesn’t have cable I watch a quite a bit of television- mostly thanks to the internet and Netflix. My viewing choices are widely varied, but all totally awesome. I have a particular love for anything JJ Abrams- I only recently learned Felicity was JJ produced and I totally watched that; I watched Lost religiously through the end and currently look forward to the wackiness of Fringe each Friday (well usually Saturday because I have to wait until it gets posted online), however it wasn’t until rather recently did I decide to watch Alias after Jamie watched it and communicated how incredibly awesome she thought it was. So I began about a month ago to watch it. I actually spent most of my Spring Break not even waiting for the disk to arrive in the mail, but instead finding sources online to watch it. I now have one more disk in season 4 left.

So this is where I’m at: CAUTION MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Sydney might be one of the most famous badass female characters of all time- definitely up there next Buffy.

Rambaldi: The Rambaldi stuff is the reminder that Alias is not only an awesome spy show but, as Jamie put it, a reminder that it is a JJ Abrams creation. It’s weird, you’re never quite sure what the “endgame” is, and it just gets more confusing each week.

Where is Sark? Jamie has this whole idea that I will let her explain to you that Sark is like Spike from Buffy. But since he escaped (again) I have yet to see him… Where is he? (He’s my favorite bad guy)

I knew Irina wasn’t dead- sort of like a soap opera, it seems you never really die on Alias.

Sloane=Ben Linus:
  • You never really know when to believe him because it seems he ALWAYS has a hidden agenda.
  • Sloane believes in the Rambadli blindly much like Ben believed in the island.
  • They both had weaknesses for their daughters.
  • Both very creepy and even when they seem good I still kind of hate them. 
  • Just when you think you’ve got him figured out, he does something to confuse you.

I love Marshall.

I miss Will, (well a little bit just Bradley Cooper in general) but can appreciate that the complication of Sydney having civilian friends could only go one for so long, even Buffy had to tell her mom after a while that she was the Slayer.

FINALLY: I have to admit I have become a little paranoid. CIA spies could exist anywhere and most people would never know it. I find myself walking down the street and wondering if people are really who they say they are. I probably shouldn’t be writing about this or think about it too much if I don’t want to end up like Will. So please disregard- I don’t think CIA has hidden agents everywhere….

No comments:

Post a Comment