Friday, April 15, 2011

Jamie's Twitter Recommendations

We have a number of blog posts in the works, but it's been a while and I think it's bad form to go too long between posts.  So I was trying to come up with something quick, but fun... and what better fits that than something related to Twitter.  I may also be doing this to suggest that Sarah get a Twitter account.  Mostly because I think she would be hilarious.  So, here are my top 10 favorite people to follow on Twitter:


1) @maureenjohnson - I'm just going to call her the queen of twitter.  While there are many whose followers far exceed hers, there is no one with more committment to this particular form of social media.  Maureen is an author (young adult fiction to be precise) who is funny, random, and somewhate unstable, but in a loveable way.  Follow her, she'll put your essence in a jar and care for it until the end of time, or maybe even longer.


2) @wilw - Since we're calling Maureen the queen of twitter, then Wil Wheaton is to be dubbed the king of the nerds.  Highlights of his twitter posts are when he relays random conversations or his pets' thoughts, and I am personally a fan of his frustrated sports fan viewing posts. 


3) @Lord_Voldemort7 - Kacey actually just suggested this to me and I can't believe I hadn't always been following the Dark Lord.  This feed is so funny that I might switch sides.  Just kidding.  But maybe.


4) @ConanOBrien - Always good for one quality post a day.  He is especially good if you prefer to follow people who do not tweet excessively.


5) @NathanFillion - I don't know if it's that he is exceptionally skilled at this (any more than a number of other actors I follow), but he is consistently entertaining and come on, don't you want to know what this ruggedly handsome actor is doing.  All the time.


6) @minheeshock - Someone I actually know and would recommend following for all her random political, pop cultural, and other posts and thoughts.  If you are a french dip fan like me, you may also want to check out her dedicated french dip twitter account, @FrenchDipSEA.  Yes, she has a dedicated french dip twitter account.  Let's just say we understand each other.


7) @Pres_Bartlet - You really should follow the real President too, but whoever runs this President Bartlet account does an excellent job.  They have the voice down brilliantly, you can hear Martin Sheen saying these words.  Warning, the volume is a little high.


8) @billprady - This is really just for Big Bang Theory fans like me, but if you love Sheldon & friends, then you'll want to follow show co-creator Bill Prady. 


9) @sesamestreet - Don't you want to know what Big Bird, Grover, Elmo, Abby, Bert, Ernie, and all the other Sesame Street characters are up to?  You know you do.


10) @thatkevinsmith - I would recommend making a seperate list for Kevin Smith because he can, well, dominate your feed.  He is precisely what the "list" function was made for, and I suggest using it accordingly.  You can even do what I did and add all the various other Smodcast family folks to the list.


Okay Kacey, you're up, who are your favorite people to follow on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment