Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jamie's Life Update


Kacey's blog was so awesome and completely accurate in highlighting what to look for in a neighborhood that I hate to point out one tiny inaccuracy. But that's what sisters do, right? Kacey indicated our conversation was over Skype the other day, but we have actually moved on from Skype. We are now Google Hangout people. I don't know if you are aware, but on Google Hangout you can wear a tiara. Also a scuba mask, various mustaches, an eyepatch... even a monocle! It's kind of amazing. You can do other things like share screens, but that tends to make my Internet break. So mostly, it's all about the tiara.

Kacey missed a couple other things that have kept me from blogging, and I want to be honest with all of you that I have disappointed with my lack of posts.

First, I have been watching entirely too much TV. I mean, I've only added two new shows: Revolution, which is fantastic, in case you aren't watching and Elementary, and as I suspected there is no such thing as too much Sherlock. Although I may add Scandal so that Meryl will stop peer pressuring me about it, oh, and probably Arrow....so I guess that will make four new shows. It's a little much. I mean, with Alphas overlapping with the start of network TV, Monday alone has gotten out of control. Plus, as Kacey noted, baseball is still happening (and I love October!). Not to mention all the Presidential debates. I have been watching so much TV that I haven't had time to blog about TV.

Because of that, I had fallen behind a bit in my reading, but it is back with a vengeance. With an assist from the library and some stuff I was waiting on finally coming in, I have been tearing through the books the last couple weeks. I also find that when I am waiting to hear on a house or an inspection and I wake up at 6am on a Saturday or Sunday because I can't sleep, then I can usually knock out a book by around 9 or 10. House buying is incredibly stressful, and somewhat roller coaster-esque. Thankfully I have amazing agents who help me tremendously.

I didn't even get up my fave five from September, and it was good. Quickly: Googling anyone’s Bacon number (as in Kevin Bacon, not the delicious food), Chris Kluwe's amazing openletter, Parks and Rec star Retta's tweets about watching Buffy, AlexCarpenter's awesome reaction songs to the 5 new Doctor Who episodes, and AmyPoehler’s YouTube channel Smart Girls at the Party.

I will try harder though. I will get up a review of Fall TV with some thoughts on where all these shows are going (or how they are ending) by this weekend. And maybe even a little pre-election post. I think it's important to pull out the soap box from time to time.

 

Books read: 41 (BAM, said the lady! Best of the last little group was Divergent, which was amazing, and I am currently reading Robin Wasserman's very intriguing Book of Blood and Shadow)

 

Coming Soon: Sarah writes a tell-all of the celebrity dogs that are staying at the dog hotel. Using, of course, very discreet fake names like Rooby Boo and his annoying little friend Dappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment